Persons, other than Excluded Persons and Opt-Out Parties, who purchased or otherwise acquired Kinross shares during the period from November 1, 2010 through and including January 16, 2012 (a) on the Toronto Stock Exchange or other secondary market in Canada; or (b) who are resident of Canada or were resident of Canada at the time of acquisition; and who held some or all of those shares on January 16, 2012, were eligible for compensation and could register a claim using the Claims System.
The Claims System was used for all claim activities including:
- Registering claims to participate in the settlement.
- Communicating with the Administrator with respect to a claim.
- Editing and certifying a claim.
- Uploading supporting documents to attach to a claim.
- Preparing a Fax Cover Sheet to fax documents to attach to a claim.
- Checking the status of a completed claim.
- Authorized claimants’ settlement award calculations.
The deadline to register a claim and submit the Claim Package to the Claims Administrator was August 31, 2015.
- Bulk claim filing was available to brokers and wealth managers with complete signing authority on the trading accounts of their clients.
- Paper claim forms were available to class members without access to a computer with internet connectivity.
- The Claims System was available in English and French.